How We Collect Information
Our site collects personal information in a variety of ways, including when you register with Our site on this website, when you subscribe to Our site services through this website, when you use Our site products or services via the website, when you visit Our site websites or the websites of certain Our site partners, and when you enter Internet-based promotions or sweepstakes sponsored or administered by Our site.
When you register on our website, we ask for and collect information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, and industry. For some products and services we may also ask for your address and information about you or your business’s assets or income. Once you register with Our site and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
Our site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Our site cookie information, and the website page you request. Our site uses this information to help diagnose problems with our servers, for system administration, and to examine our website traffic in aggregate. The information may be collected and used to improve the content of our Web pages and to customize content and/or layout for each user.
If you are purchasing something from a Our site website, we need to know personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, mailing address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status. This information may also be used by Our site to notify you of related products and services. Credit card information will not be shared or sold to unaffiliated third parties for any purpose without your express permission, except as necessary to process the transaction.
Use of Information
If you elect to provide us personal information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. Our site may use personal information in a variety of ways including the following:
- Our site may use personal information collected through its website to send out targeted email promotions on behalf of its advertisers and industry partners.
- Our site may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies in order to better deliver products and services that may be of interest and benefit to you.
- Our site may use personal information to contact users regarding renewing subscriptions to Our site services and products.
- Our site may use personally identifiable information to send notification of CONVENTIONS. Net’s or, partners’ products and services by such methods as email and/or postal mail. If you provide financial information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, subscriptions, etc.
- Our site may send product announcements or special edition e-letters to online registrants.
- Our site occasionally conducts subscriber and/or user surveys to better target our content to our audiences. The aggregated information collected is sometimes shared with our advertisers; however, we will do not share specific individual information with a third-party.
- Our site operates several websites featuring its travel-related content and services. Our site may share personal information collected from users of its websites internally across these websites to better serve its users.
Our site has numerous products and services and therefore numerous email and promotion lists. In an effort to allow users to tailor their participation in Our site services and promotions, Our site provides users the ability to choose specific lists or products of interest and opt-out options are product and use/list specific. All email promotions sent from Our site provide an opt-out link at the bottom of the email pursuant to which users can opt-out of specific products and promotions. If you receive one of these emails and wish to unsubscribe please follow the instructions given in each email or contact support@Our site.
Sharing of Information Collected With Third Parties
In general, Our site does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide personal information about our users to trusted partners and vendors who work on behalf of or with Our site under confidentiality and similar agreements prohibiting such parties’ further use of the information. These companies may use your personal information to help Our site communicate with you about offers from Our site and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to use or share this information.
- When you register for an educational program, contest, or other promotion that is sponsored by a third party, the third party will be provided personally identifiable information unless otherwise posted in connection with the promotion.
- Our site may from time to time share personal information such as email addresses with trusted third parties who deliver content that is likely to be of interest to the user and subject to opt-out obligation on the part of such third party.
- We may share personal information where we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on Our site, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If Our site is acquired by or merged with another company, we will transfer information about you to this other company in connection with the acquisition or merger.
This website takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as credit card and payment information, we re-direct users to industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted servers. As a result, sensitive data you submit to our website such as credit card and payment information is transmitted securely over the Internet.
Our site is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information. Our site also links to a wide variety of other sites and contains advertisements of third parties. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users.
About Children’s Privacy
This Our site website is not intended for use by children and Our site does not knowingly collect information from children. You must be 18 years old to access or use this site.
Update/Change Your Data
To update your email address or change your email preferences please contact support@Our site.
What Else Should I Know About My Privacy When Online?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example through email, discussion lists, or elsewhere – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
Your Consent To This Policy